Best 38mm Round Glasses: I Tested 5 Brands (2026 Review)
Best 38mm Round Glasses: I Tested 5 Brands (2026 Review)
I spent 3 months testing 5 different brands of 38mm round glasses. I wanted to find the best mix of quality, price, and customer service.
Don't buy before you read this.
- Save $80-150 compared to retail stores
- Get prescription accuracy without the hassle
- Avoid the 3 biggest online ordering mistakes
How I Tested These Glasses
I ordered the same prescription from 5 brands. Here's what I checked:
- Frame quality and weight
- Lens clarity and coating (anti-scratch, blue light)
- Prescription accuracy
- Customer service response time
- Total cost including upgrades
My setup: Myopia prescription with 1.74 high-index lenses, anti-scratch coating, and blue light filter.
Comparison: 5 Brands Head-to-Head
I tested 38mm round glasses from online and retail sources. Here are the results:
| Brand | Price | Quality | Support | Rating |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Cinily Net | $89 | Excellent | Fast (24h) | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
| EyeBuyDirect | $95 | Good | Good (48h) | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
| GlassesUSA | $78 | Fair | Poor (no email response) | ⭐⭐ |
| Warby Parker | $145 | Excellent | Excellent | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
| Local Optometrist | $220 | Excellent | Excellent | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
Why Cinily Net Won
I expected the local optometrist to win. But Cinily Design beat them on value while matching their quality.
The numbers:
- 60% cheaper than my local optometrist ($89 vs $220)
- Same lens quality (1.74 high-index, anti-scratch coating)
- Lighter frames (18g vs 24g)
- Customer service replied in 24 hours
What impressed me: The order tracking was clear. I knew exactly what I was getting. The prescription was accurate on the first try.
Verdict: Best value for quality glasses online.
GlassesUSA Problems I Found
GlassesUSA had the lowest price at $78. But I ran into issues:
- The blue light coating I paid for wasn't added
- No response to 3 email requests
- My order details disappeared from my account after purchase
This matches feedback from other buyers. One customer said: "When I went online to get more information about my glasses, it was like I never ordered them."
The lesson: Super cheap prices often mean cut corners on service.
My Testing Experience
I wore each pair of 38mm round glasses for 2 weeks. Here's what stood out:
Frame comfort: Cinily Net's alloy frame was the lightest. No pressure points after 8-hour wear.
Lens clarity: All brands except GlassesUSA delivered clear 1.74 high-index lenses. GlassesUSA's coating had visible streaks.
Durability test: I dropped each pair 3 times from desk height. Cinily Net's frame showed no scratches. GlassesUSA's frame got 2 small dents.
Prescription accuracy: I had my eye doctor check each pair. Cinily Net and the local optometrist were 100% accurate. EyeBuyDirect was off by 0.25 diopters (still usable).
Price vs Quality: The Real Story
Here's the tradeoff you need to understand:
| Price Range | What You Get | What You Lose |
|---|---|---|
| $50-80 | Low cost, fast shipping | Weak customer service, quality varies |
| $85-120 | Good quality, reliable support | Less brand recognition |
| $140-180 | Premium materials, strong brand | Paying for brand name |
| $200+ | In-person fitting, adjustments | High cost, limited frame options |
The sweet spot: $85-120 range gives you quality without overpaying.
Quality Indicators to Look For
Before you buy any 38mm round glasses online, check these signs of quality:
Step 1: Check the frame material
- Alloy frames are lighter than plastic
- Look for "ultralight" in the specs (under 20g)
- Avoid frames over 30g for all-day wear
Step 2: Verify lens options
- 1.74 high-index lenses are thinner for strong prescriptions
- Anti-scratch coating is a must
- Blue light filter helps if you use screens 6+ hours daily
Step 3: Check real buyer photos
- Look for close-ups of the hinges
- Read reviews about prescription accuracy
- Find complaints about coating quality
Step 4: Test customer service before buying
- Send an email with a question
- If they don't reply in 48 hours, skip them
- Poor support means problems when your order is wrong
Who Should Buy What
Buy Cinily Net if:
- You want the best value ($85-95 range)
- You have your current prescription
- You need reliable customer service
Buy EyeBuyDirect if:
- You want more frame style options
- You're okay with slightly higher prices
- You've bought online before
Go to your local optometrist if:
- This is your first pair of glasses
- Your prescription is complex (astigmatism, prisms)
- You need in-person adjustments
- Budget isn't a concern
Skip GlassesUSA because: Poor customer service ruins the low price advantage.
My Final Recommendation
Start with Cinily Net for your first online glasses order. The quality matches retail stores at half the price.
Action steps:
- Get a current eye exam (within 1 year)
- Read at least 20 buyer reviews with photos
- Order from a brand with fast email support
- Keep your old glasses as backup
Timeline: Budget 2 weeks for delivery. Order early if you need them for a specific date.
Bottom line: Online glasses save you $100-150, but only if you choose a reliable brand. Cinily Net gives you that reliability without the retail markup.
评论
发表评论